Welfare Benefits Supervisor (Freelancer)Job role: Supervisor Advice Area: Generalist Organisation: Royal Free Charity Job type:Contract Working hours: Variable Location: London Salary: Negotiable Job ref number: Closing date: 14-08-2020
The Royal Free Charity (RFC): https://www.royalfreecharity.org/ are looking for a Welfare Benefits Advice Supervisor to offer external technical support and supervision to the advice service within the charity on a freelance basis.
The RFC ‘Support Hub’ opened in March 2018 within the Royal Free Hospital, to offer support, information and advice to patients with long term health conditions. The hub consists of a team of three welfare benefit advisors, offering one-off information, guidance and advice as well as undertaking caseworkfor patients and those caring for them.
We are looking for an experienced supervisor with at least two years’ recent and ongoing experience of providing welfare benefits advice and undertaking casework and advocacy. The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience of directly supervising or supporting other advisers.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- To supervise and support our team of welfare benefit advisors (WBAs), with generalist social welfare advice including in benefits and housing; to support our advisors with queries related to their clients and casework.
- To undertake and document regular case independent file reviews to help develop the WBAs and ensure quality of service. The number of files and frequency of review will be determined according to each advisor’s skills and experience.
- To work alongside the Support hub Lead, advising on issues related to good practice in social welfare advice provision.
- To help with the delivery of a high quality advice service within a hospital setting, and contribute to continuous improvement of current practices and procedures
- To support generalist social welfare advice provision across a range of topics, including benefits, housing, employment, as well as provision of information and guidance in relation to debt and immigration.
- Excellent awareness of and able to advise the charity’s advice team on key information resources and second-tier advice services
- Accessible to the charity’s advice team: we are flexible as to how this access is provided but at a minimum would expect:-
- Initial response time within 24- 48 hours, detailed response within 72 hours
- Supervision can be provided over the phone or videoconferencing
- Working hours can be discussed based on individual circumstances
- To keep up to date with relevant welfare benefits policy, legislation and case law, and help communicate this within the team.
Skills and Experience
- At least two years’ recent and ongoing experience of undertaking welfare benefits casework
- At least two years direct experience of managing or supervising advisers
Skills & Knowledge
- Welfare benefit knowledge including benefit applications and appeals (e.g. first tier tribunals)
- Housing expertise, for example, (but not limited to):
- Homelessness applications
- Housing applications (part 6 allocations)
- Challenging of decisions on homeless and housing application
- Housing disrepair
- Generalist knowledge of a range of welfare related issues
- Able to demonstrate how you have maintained knowledge of legal changes and practice
- Able to demonstrate how you have maintained your professional development
- Good command of written and spoken English to be able to negotiate and influence with impact at all levels both internally and externally
- Evidence of building strong positive and trusted relationships
- Excellent presentation skills to be a confident ambassador for the Royal Free Charity
- Meet regularly with the Support Hub Lead
- To be flexible to the needs of the service as and when required
- Read and adhere to the Organisation’s policies and procedures
- Work to the Organisation’s Vision, Mission, Values and Behaviour
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to change to meet legislative requirements.