Money Advice MentorJob role: Adviser Advice Area: Debt/money Organisation: North Bristol Advice Centre Job type:Permanent Working hours: Part time Location: South West Salary: Under £10,000 Job ref number: Closing date: 20-11-2019
Responsible to: Advice Team Manager
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Working hours: 14 hours per week
NBAC are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive Money Advice Mentor to work with our debt team to enhance the quality and efficiency of our debt advice service. The role involves working one-to-one with debt clients to support them to be “advice ready”, providing basic income maximisation support and completing admin tasks that will enable our specialist advisers to support more people in need. Full training for this role will be provided, but to be successful applicants must demonstrate excellent written, numerical, and administrative skills as well an ability to communicate effectively with people from different backgrounds.
Working with the debt team, your role will be to:
- Open new client cases and ensure all case preliminary checks are completed and accurately recorded in NBAC’s case management system (conflict of interest, ID, data protection and complaints procedure).
- Carry out initial assessment interviews with debt clients and support clients to be “advice ready” (e.g. gathering evidence of income and expenditure, verifying debt balances, obtaining credit reports).
- Help clients with basic income maximisation (e.g. completing benefit checks, applying for charitable grants, switching bank accounts etc.) and budgeting.
- Assist specialist debt advisors by carrying out other non-specialist tasks as required.
- Where appropriate signpost to services (internal and external) for additional support.
- To keep up to date with relevant policies and practices and attend appropriate training courses where required.
- Carry out any other related tasks as required.
All work to be carried out in accordance with NBAC’s Equality and Diversity PolicyDownload Attachment