Advice CaseworkerJob role: Adviser Advice Area: Education Organisation: King's College London Students' Union Job type:Permanent Working hours: Full time Location: London Salary: £26,758 - £32,333 Job ref number: Closing date: 25-02-2019
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in KCLSU as an Advice Caseworker. The Advice Caseworker is part of the Advice and Support team and is responsible for delivering high quality and empowering one to one advice and support to our student members. The focus of the role is to ensure that students can access the Kings College London regulations and procedures, equipping them with the information, tools and support they need to take decisions that are right for them in their circumstances. The purpose of the role is to ensure that our students have the support, information and advice they need for their student lives.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in the delivery of casework, advice or advocacy
- Have experience in keeping effective and confidential records
- Have experience in managing and interpreting statistical data
- Have experience in dealing with difficult or sensitive situations in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Working in a helping role with people facing difficult circumstances, in particular disabilities, mental health or specific learning difficulties
KCLSU is a fun, social and flexible work environment which offers multiple opportunities for development as well as great staff benefits such as weekly yoga and spin classes, free fruit and soft drinks, travel and computer loans and much more.
Applications close: 25th February 2019 at 9am
Interview dates: 6th March 2019
Assessment type: Interview and test
Please do not send CVs as these will not be considered.
Please DO NOT send in PDF applications.
At KCLSU Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are at the heart of everything we do and we endeavour to ensure equal treatment of all candidates. We welcome a diverse range of applicants and are open to discussing flexibility with the right candidate. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with disabilities at all stages of the recruitment and selection process, and to ensure that a successful candidate with a disability can undertake the post.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must:
• Be eligible to work in the UK, and provide proof of this (i.e. a passport/visa) when asked by KCLSU
• Have a National Insurance number, or be in the process of applying for one
• Not be a trustee of King’s College London Students’ UnionDownload Attachment